Lalbagh flower show is always fun to visit. We look forward to the months of January and August when Lalbagh is at its best. These are also the months when the famed “Lalbagh Flower Show” is held.
The botanical garden will be riot of colours during these two months. Apart from the display of dazzling varieties of flowers inside the Glass house of Lalbagh, the whole garden will see colourful flowers.
The Republic day Lalabagh Flower Show 2019 started on 18 Jan 2019 and will continue till 27 Jan 2019. The theme of the show this time is “Mahatma Gandhi”. The nation is observing the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma this year.
Lalbagh botanical garden in the heart of Bangalore hosts its famous “Flower show” to commemorate Independence Day (Aug 15) and Republic day (Jan 26) every year. Though we have been there many times, it is always a pleasure go back.
Last year for the Independence Day show, the theme of the show is ” Saluting the heroes of our Armed Forces”. You will find lovely flower-decked installations inside the glass house. There are also installations to commemorate 85 years of Cinemas. You will find nice vertical gardens, and other flower arrangements both inside and outside the glass house.
Last year the theme was based on the life and works of doyen of Kannada literature Kuvempu.
Let us take you around the flower show and please click on the pictures if you want to see in larger size. All pictures were taken by good friend Malini Narasimha.
The Amar Jawan jyoti under the India gate War memorial recreated
The Siachen region is beautifully created with helicopters and jawans climbing the snow clad mountains.
A snow bunker…..
An aircraft carrier….
BSF patrolling on camels….
Flower decked lion!
A fighter jet……
Border fencing and BSF jawan
Arjun – The main battle tank
The other pictures of the lalbagh flower show
The Vertical gardens…..
Commemorating 85 years of cinema…
Other flower arrangements….
- The Republic Lalbagh Flower show 2019 for starting day is starting on 18 Jan 2019 till 27 Jan 2019. . The best time to is early in the morning. Go for a nice walk/run in the morning. Visit the flower show when there is less crowd. Have breakfast in MTR.
- Weekdays are ideal days to visit the flower show. Take a day off and take your family. They will love it. If you are planning on weekend, be aware to face heavy crowds.
- Parking will be a major challenge as well. Using cabs is a good idea.
- The best way to reach Lalbagh is in Metro. Travel by Green Line towards Yelachenahalli and get down at Lalbagh station.
- Getting down at all gates involves bit of walking till Glass house where the show is. The place is not disable friendly.
- If you still have energy, then you can attempt this
Thank you for stopping by “Travel Twosome”. We hope you liked this post on Lalbagh Flower show and enjoyed reading it. Please share it among your friends by clicking the buttons below. Our aim is to share our experiences to inspire you to travel more!
If you don’t want to miss any updates on this blog, please follow us on FB or Twitter or Instagram by clicking the buttons on the side.