Last updated on January 28th, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Lalbagh flower show is always fun to visit. We look forward to the months of January and August when Lalbagh is at its best. These are also the months when the famed “Lalbagh Flower Show” is held.
The botanical garden will be riot of colours during these two months. Apart from the display of dazzling varieties of flowers inside the Glass house of Lalbagh, the whole garden will see colourful flowers.
The Independence day Flower show will be held from 7 Aug 2020 to 16 Aug 2020.
The Republic day Lalbagh Flower Show just ended on 26 Jan 2020. The theme for Republic Day 2020 Lalbagh flower show was “Swami Vivekanada’s Life & Teachings”.
Some snap shots of Lalbagh Flower Show 2020 on Republic Day.
Lalbagh botanical garden in the heart of Bangalore hosts its famous “Flower show” to commemorate Independence Day (Aug 15) and Republic day (Jan 26) every year. Though we have been there many times, it is always a pleasure go back.
Please take a look at some snap shots of Lalbagh flower show August 2019! Courtesy Mr Vinoth Kumar whose lovely video can also be seen.
Please take a look at the Lovely video of Lalbagh Flower Show August 2019 by Vinoth Kumar here
Last year for the Independence Day show, the theme of the show is ” Saluting the heroes of our Armed Forces”. You will find lovely flower-decked installations inside the glass house. There are also installations to commemorate 85 years of Cinemas. You will find nice vertical gardens, and other flower arrangements both inside and outside the glass house.
Last year the theme was based on the life and works of doyen of Kannada literature Kuvempu.
Let us take you around the flower show and please click on the pictures if you want to see in larger size. All pictures were taken by good friend Malini Narasimha.
The Amar Jawan jyoti under the India gate War memorial recreated
The Siachen region is beautifully created with helicopters and jawans climbing the snow clad mountains.
A snow bunker…..
An aircraft carrier….
BSF patrolling on camels….
Flower decked lion!
A fighter jet……
Border fencing and BSF jawan
Arjun – The main battle tank
The other pictures of the lalbagh flower show
The Vertical gardens…..
Commemorating 85 years of cinema…
Other flower arrangements….
The Republic day Lalbagh Flower Show 2020 is starting on 17 Jan 2020 till 26 Jan 2020. The best time to is early in the morning. Go for a nice walk/run in the morning. Visit the flower show when there is less crowd. Have breakfast in MTR.
- Weekdays are ideal days to visit the flower show. Take a day off and take your family. They will love it. If you are planning on weekend, be aware to face heavy crowds.
- Parking will be a major challenge as well. Using cabs is a good idea.
- The best way to reach Lalbagh is in Metro. Travel by Green Line towards Yelachenahalli and get down at Lalbagh station.
- Getting down at all gates involves bit of walking till Glass house where the show is. The place is not disable friendly.
- Car parking will be at Shantinagar Bus Stand, the BBMP car park on JC Road, for two-wheelers at Al-Ameen College and HOPCOMS premises near Double Road Gate. Pedestrians can enter the flower show from any of the 4 gates.
- The entry fee is priced at INR. 70. Entry fee for children on holidays/weekends is INR 20.
- The entry of private vehicles has been banned into Lalbagh by The Horticulture Department.
- Timings: 9 am to 6 pm
- If you still have energy, then you can attempt this – Self guided walking tour of Bombat Basavanagudi!
Have you visited Bangalore Flower Market? This is a daily flower show! Check out more details here