Last Updated on 24 January 2023 by Poorna & Brinda
The Republic Day parade in New Delhi on 26 January every year is a grand spectacle! This is the day India became a republic in 1950. The day we adapted Indian Constitution – the longest in the world!.
It is always a memorable experience to watch the republic day parade. For Poorna, it is nostalgic, and he can relate to the different regiments which participate in the parade. The valour, the history and the colours of these regiments are the stuff stories made of.
The Republic Day Parade in Delhi this year falls on Thursday, 26 January 2023.
We will try and answer the follow FAQs…..
- Where can I see the republic day parade?
- How can I buy tickets to Republic Day parade?
- Is mobile allowed while watching Republic Day parade?
- Where can I park my car for republic day parade?
The misty morning of Delhi enlivened by the lovely martial music and the steps of our soldiers, cadets and young kids in their school uniforms…..
After marching contingents, you always have those lovely tableaux of the different states. The patriotic fervour is to be seen to be believed. A proud moment for every Indian.
We were there two years back. But we did not take camera or mobile phone as they are prohibited. However, here are some nice pictures from Press Information bureau from the parade we saw two years back.
Here are essential tips to watch the Republic Day in Delhi
- If you have any contact in government, get a pass. That is the easy thing to do. Like the saying goes, “Beg, Borrow or Steal” and get a pass. It is worth it! We had got the pass through a friend!
- Republic Day 2023 Tickets have to be bought online only. Please click this link which will be operational from 11 AM from 06 Jan 23. – Link for getting tickets for RD Parade 23
- Irrespective of the type of tickets you have, reach well in advance to get the best seat. The republic day parade timing is 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM. If you want to get best place and a seat, you should be there by 6 AM when gates open.
- Please keep in mind that it will be cold in the morning and cover yourself well. We advise you to wear a mask which will protect you from chill wind. Also carry your food/water or eat something before going.
- Always carry an ID like Driving Licence, Aadhaar, PAN card etc. The security staff at entrance may also ask for it along with your ticket.
- Parking is a major challenge. You will be asked to park very far away in dedicated areas. Either you have to walk up to your enclosure or take shuttles. It is a real pain and we also endured it. It is better to come by taxi or Metro.
- Please do a dry run or rehearsal on the previous day where you will be parking and where your seat is so that you won’t struggle on the parade day. Please see the seating plan and parking plan in this official Republic Day parade 2023 website and click Event Guide – Republic Day – Seating Plan – Parking plan https://indianrdc.mod.gov.in/
- Mobile phones, cameras, and all other electronic devices are not allowed. There will be strict security check. Sometimes people take risk and sneak it in. It is your choice.
- All entrances are closed before the National Anthem starts. The complete parade will be for two hours. Please make sure you have water and some eats with
- Finally, if you don’t get a ticket, don’t forget to watch on your TV at home! It is spectacular!
The year 2019 was special as had have few women contingent from Assam Rifles – Poorna served in it – leading the parade. Here are few pictures from the rehearsal we have found from Rediff.com
Once again best wishes to everyone on India’s republic day!