The Republic Day Parade in Delhi this year falls on Sunday, 26 January 2020.
It is always a memorable experience to watch the republic day parade. For Poorna, it is nostalgic and he can relate to the different regiments which participate in the parade. The valour, the history and the colours of these regiments are the stuff stories made of.
We will try and answer the follow FAQs…..
- Where can I see the republic day parade?
- How can I buy tickets to Republic day parade?
- Is mobile allowed while watching Republic day parade?
- Where can I park my car for republic day parade?
- If you have any contact in government, get a pass. That is the easy thing to do. Like the saying goes, “Beg, Borrow or Steal” and get a pass. It is worth it! We had got the pass through a friend!
- If you are not able to manage a pass, buy tickets. If you want reserved seats then the price is Rs 500 and unreserved tickets are sold for Rs 100 and Rs 20. Tickets will be sold at various places in New Delhi as below till 23 Jan 2019.
- North Block circle
- Sena Bhawan (Gate 2).
- Pragati Maidan (Gate 1 at Bhairon Road).
- Jantar Mantar (Main Gate).
- Shastri Bhawan (near Gate 3).
- Jamnagar House (opposite India Gate).
- Red Fort (inside August 15 Park and opposite Jain Temple).
- Parliament House Reception Office
- The ticket counters are open daily from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. All ticket counters will be closed in the morning on January 23, due to full dress rehearsal of the Republic Day Parade. However, from 23rd to 25th January 2019, the ticket counters at Shastri Bhavan, Jantar Mantar, Jamnagar House and Sena Bhavan will be open till 7 p.m.
- Buying tickets for the Republic Day Parade is a very frustrating experience. Only a certain number of tickets are allocated for sale at each ticket counter per day. No online booking for republic day parade tickets is available as of now.
- Demand for Rs 500 reserved seating tickets is high and the supply is small. So be there in the queue early when counter opens. Only one ticket per head with production of ID card lie Driving Licence, PAN or Aaadhar.The 100 rupee tickets are easier to obtain. Only two tickets can be purchased per ID card. The 20 rupee tickets are usually readily available. Reserved tickets have seat near main stage where as others are in different enclosures.
- Irrespective of the type of tickets you have, reach well in advance to get the best seat. The republic day parade timing is 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM. If you want to get best place and a seat, you should be there by 6 AM when gates open. Please keep in mind that it will be cold in the morning and cover yourself well. Also carry your food/water or eat something before going.
- Always carry an ID like Driving Licence, Aadhaar, PAN card etc. The security staff at entrance may also ask for it.
- Parking is a major challenge. You will be asked to park very far away in dedicated areas. Either you have to walk up to your enclosure or take shuttles. It is a real pain and we also endured it. It is better to come by taxi or metro.
- Mobile phones, cameras, and all other electronic devices are not allowed. There will be strict security check. Sometimes people take risk and sneak it in. It is your choice.
- All entrances are closed before the National Anthem starts. The complete parade will be for two hours. Please make sure you have water and some eats with
- Finally, If you don’t get a ticket, don’t forget to watch on your TV at home! It is spectacular !