Last Updated on 10 September 2023 by Poorna & Brinda
Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur near Bangalore is the new centre of Isha Foundation in Bangalore. The place is at a distance of 50 KMs from Bangalore and close to Bangalore Airport.
Here is The complete guide to visiting the spiritual centre
Location – Avalagurki village, Chikkaballapur. See the Google map link – https://goo.gl/maps/TGALcWe9ASL2DnVR7
Distance of Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur from Bangalore – 70 KMs. Please see the Google Map link – https://goo.gl/maps/8XjY7fB2fvaiw5H69 It is 43 Kms from Bangalore Airport. It is 11 KMs from Chikkaballapur town.
Road condition – Excellent except for the last four KMs which are under construction
Best days to go – Any Weekday as weekends see a huge rush resulting in traffic jams
Best time to go – Early mornings are the best time to go. However, if you want to see the laser show then it is good to go there in the evening. Be there around 5 PM. After exploring the place stay back for the laser show.
Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur timings – 6 AM to 8 PM
Total time needed for the trip – Five hours from Bangalore city centre in normal traffic. Three hours from Airport.
What to see – Nagamantapa, Yogeshwra Linga shrine, Adiyogi statue and Laser show.
Laser Show timings in Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur– 7 PM to 7.15 PM on all days
Cameras – Allowed as of now. Going by the policy of the Isha Foundation, one has to deposit cameras and mobile phones once the place is fully complete.
Eating places – There are no places to eat in the centre as of now.
Restrooms – Yes. Available.
Parking space – Available.
Places to stay – None.
Is it disabled-friendly – As of now, No.
Here are a few snapshots
- The place is under construction and it will take another year at least for it to get completed.
- The place is located in a lovely natural setting in a bowl surrounded by hills.
- The Adiyogi statue at Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur looks lovely with a backdrop of hills.
- No public transport is available as of now to Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur. One can use Govt buses plying from the KSRTC bus stand in the Majestic area and get down at Chikkaballapur and then take an auto-rickshaw. One can also take a train from Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna Railway Station.
- At present, the centre is under construction. There is no cover. Wear Good Walking Shoes. Carry a good hat. It will be hot in the afternoons, especially in summer.
- The place is not elderly/physically challenged-friendly at present. Elders have to stay at Naga Mantapa.
- One can offer flowers at Naga Mantapa for a small donation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the entry fee for Isha Foundation Bangalore? – There is no entry fee for Isha Foundation Bangalore
- Where is Isha Foundation located in Karnataka? – Isha Foundation is located in the village of Avalagurki near Chikkaballapur at a distance of 50 KMs from Bangalore.
- Does Isha provide free food? – No. However, there is a restaurant in the ashram.
- Can we visit Isha without booking? – Yes. On a few special occasions like Maha Shivaratri, one has to register on their website. Registration is free. Please check their website for details
- What is the dress code for Isha Centre? – There is no dress code as such. However being a spiritual place, visitors are expected to dress decently.
- What are the timings of the Adiyogi laser show? – The timings are from 7 PM to 7.15 PM.
Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur is a nice place to visit. It is still under construction and we are sure once complete, it will be as good as the one in Coimbatore.
Thank you for visiting this post. We hope it helped you in planning a trip to Isha Foundation Chikkaballapur. Please share this with your friends by clicking the social media buttons.